Reserve Pinot Noir
Dark red. Aromas and flavors of redcurrant and dried cherry are energized by a spicy white pepper flourish and a subtle floral note. Initially wound up, but aeration brings flesh, heft and building sweetness. Fine-grained tannins frame the floral-dominated and incisive finish, which lingers with strong, tangy persistence.
Tarragon and pink peppercorn aromatics combine with subtle notes of Dutch pipe tobacco and blood orange. The palate is rich with vanilla, black raspberry and fresh fig while a bright and driving acidity is complemented by long, velvety tannins. Pair with seared duck breast with savory leek and ricotta bread pudding.
- Vintage: 2017
- Appellation: Willamette Valley
- Grape Source: Battle Creek Vineyard, Yamhela, Roe
- Varietal Blend: 100% Pinot Noir
- Oak: 228L French Oak Barrels, 20% New
- Aged: 326 days
- Harvest Date: Sept. 28 - Oct. 17, 2017
- TA: 5.78 g/l
- pH: 3.36
- Alcohol: 12.77%