Fresh and spicy with ripe plum and a juicy style with notes of pepper and tangy acidity. Long and nervy.
Aromatics of tanned leather, black currants and pepper are backed by a brush of mint. Medium-heavy with silky smooth tannins, this Syrah finishes with ripe black fruits and floral notes, complemented by sweet oak.
- Vintage: 2014
- Varietal Blend: 100% Syrah
- Appellation: Columbia Valley
- pH: 3.93
- TA: .55
- Alcohol: 14.47%
- Vineyards: Mirage, Canyon Vineyard Ranch, Waterbrook Estate, Skyfall
- Oak: 20% new American oak; balance 2-5-year-old American, French and Hungarian oak.
- Fining: None
- Aging: 10 months
- Malolactic: 100%
- Yeast: Andante
- Harvest Dates: 9/11/14-10/14/14
- Bottling Dates: July 6-7, 2015
- Food Pairing: This is a big red that pairs beautifully with red meats and the richest salmon varieties. Enjoy with a roasted rib eye steak with chanterelles in syrah glaze, a lamb and oxtail cassoulet, or a cracked peppercorn-crusted Copper River salmon, fired on the grill (it brings out the nuttiness).