"There's a nice tang to the ripe currant and guava flavors in this fresh and lively red."
The ICON Series Cabernet Sauvignon is available only at the Waterbrook Tasting Room.
Vibrant, refreshing and tight, with currant and cherry flavors, nicely shaded with gentle hints of wet loamy earth and spice. -hs
Just $12, This luscious Cabernet Sauvignon made by John Freeman proves to be another value tier winner!
"A uniquely Washington take on Cabernet Sauvignon." - Paul Gregutt, Wine Enthusiast, July 2011
Smooth and dense with rich plum and blackberry fruit; ripe, rich and nicely balanced. 14% Malbec, 8% Syrah .
Aromas of black currant and all-spice waft from the glass while on the palate the wine expresses flavors of black cherry, red pears and a hint of iron minerality. It is full-bodied with bold tannins but balanced with a nice smokiness on the in finish. The wine will pair well with beef steaks and wild game meats.
- Vintage: 2016
- Appellation: Columbia Valley
- Grape Source: Waterbrook Estate, Doval, Pepper Bridge, Seven Hills, Canyon Vineyard Ranch vineyards
- Variety Blend: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Malbec
- Harvest Date: October 15 - November 3, 2016
- Oak: 24% New American Oak
- Aged: 10 months
- TA: 6.0 g/L
- pH: 3.88
- Alcohol: 13.91%