Rachael Ray recommends Washington Hills 2006 Chardonnay as a wine that delivers exceptional value for under $20 and pairs well with winter comfort food (30-Minute Recipes).
Brilliant gold in color, this wine boasts classic aromas of golden delicious apple and hints of peach. A soft and creamy palate of toasted oak, Asian pear and baked apple leads to lingering notes of sponge cake and toasted almond on the finish.
- Vintage: 2016
- Appellation: Columbia Valley
- Vineyards: Frenchman Hills, Goose Ridge, Wallula, Willow Crest
- Varietal Blend: 99% Chardonnay, 1% Semillon
- Aging: 6 months, 90% American Oak, 10% French Oak
- pH: 3.16
- TA: 5.95 g/L
- Alcohol: 13.1%
- Harvest Date: September - October 2016