The Expedition Merlot
“Supple, generous and expressive, with black cherry, orange flower, mint and spice flavors that glide together harmoniously into a lithe finish.”
"Expedition Merlot is blended with 11% Syrah and offers aromas and flavors of dark cherry and berry with notes of vanilla and pepper spice – good value! "
A rich garnet color, this wine shows intense aromatics of fresh, ripe raspberry and blueberry. On the palate, crushed ripe berries, vanilla and leather linger among silky smooth tannins for a pleasing and long finish.
- Vintage: 2016
- Varietal Blend: 81% Merlot, 19% Syrah
- Appellation: Horse Heaven Hills
- Vineyards: 55% The Benches, 45% Canoe Ridge Vineyard
- Harvest Dates: October 2016
- Oak/Stainless Details: 50% American Oak (33% New), 50% French Oak (33% New)
- Aged: 10 Months
- TA: 5.g3 g/L
- pH: 3.83
- Alcohol: 14.87%