Family-friendly and free to all, flick a fly and fish for fun with the Walla Walla Fly Fishers club!
Walla Walla, Wash.— On Saturday, June 14, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., friends of Waterbrook invite all to its sixth annual Fly Fishing Day, a casual, relaxed day on the Waterbrook pond where casters of all abilities will gather and explore this time-honored Northwest tradition. Festivities include fly-tying instruction, fly-casting classes, BBQ provided by Chef Andrew Oldham, and a little friendly competition led by event sponsors, Walla Walla Fly Fishers club. The Waterbrook pond is stocked with rainbow trout. Admission is free to all and all ages are welcome.
• Members of the Walla Walla Fly Fishers club will answer questions, lead fly tying techniques and hold casting lessons.
• Troutwater Guide Service from Ellensburg and Cle Elum will be on site to help and talk about their guide service on many of their favorite local rivers and streams.
• Chef Andrew Oldham will be on-site grilling up delicious BBQ in the bounty of the Walla Walla county, paired with Waterbrook wines. Prices range from $5-$12 per entrée, such as marinated watermelon and cucumber salad with lime and fresh mint, brined and grilled chicken with house made BBQ sauce, and strawberry and rhubard crisp with brown sugar streusel and vanilla ice cream.
• Wine tastings are available for purchase just steps away at Waterbrook’s tasting room (perfect for the non-fishing companions who come along). Relax and view the fly fishing activities on the large outdoor patio or cool off indoors. Families are welcome at the tasting room.
• Silent Auction including fishing equipment and miscellaneous items. All proceeds go directly to Healing Waters, a non-profit organization that is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military and disabled veterans personal through fly fishing and similar activities ( http://www.projecthealingwaters.org ).
Waterbrook Winery is located at 10518 West Highway 12, Walla Walla. For information, contact 509.522.1262; www.waterbrook.com.
About Waterbrook Winery – Founded in 1984 in the heart of Walla Walla, Waterbrook is recognized for producing wines that truly exemplify the outstanding vineyard sources in the Columbia Valley. From vineyard to bottle, every detail of production is completed by a passionate team, led by winemaker John Freeman. With more than 100 critical ratings of Best Buys and 90+-point scores, these wines are made in a fruit-forward, food friendly style with wide consumer appeal. Learn more at www.waterbrook.com. Waterbrook is part of the Precept Wine family. More at www.preceptwine.com.
Contact: Heidi Witherspoon
206-267-5294 or firstname.lastname@example.org