Precept Wine is the fastest growing wine company in one of the country’s most exciting regions: The Pacific Northwest. We offer the best quality-to-price wines of any producer in America. Comprised by a combination of owned vineyards, estates and passionate employees, we are uniquely poised as an industry leader. As we grow, we seek team members who work with creativity and drive. Precept Wine is an entrepreneurial company where each employee’s job description evolves over time.
We are seeking applicants for the following opportunities:
JOB TITLE: MANAGER, STRATEGIC ACCOUNTS – SEATTLE
This role is responsible for selling the entire Precept Wines portfolio to national chain accounts, using consumer data, analysis and marketing as support. The Manager will ensure we’re achieving our expected share of business, growth and awareness with our customers through regular interaction, strategic preparation and purposeful follow up. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Accounts.
- Manage monthly/yearly promotional plan with retailers
- Develop and manage creative programs from start to finish, working hand-in-hand with Marketing and Finance
- Work directly with customers to manage all current and/or new SKUs
- Assist with tracking Strategic Account compliance within the customer’s markets
- Manage budgets, incentives and T&E (within 1 month from expense date) to company guidelines
- Conduct post-promotional analysis
- Budget and Forecast the Strategic Accounts Plan
- Implement sales performance measures and targets
- Communicate all programs, opportunities and presentation recaps with Precept Wines’s Regional Managers and distributor networks
- Conduct buyer sales calls
– Distribution / Allocation
– Promotional activity
- Partner with Marketing to adequately plan POS and funds for approved programs
- Develop a professional business relationship with the buyers and maintain an up-to-date list of contacts
- Participate in the planning and execution of new product launches as directed
- Attend meetings at retailer to train and inform buyers, sales representatives and managers about Precept Wine’s portfolio.
- Motivate retailer sales force to execute Precept Wine’s programs, strategies and standards in order to achieve depletion and distribution goals
- In-market education and field surveys with wholesaler and Precept sales force
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of related wine industry experience required; keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system
- General Alcohol and Beverage experience highly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; with excellent Excel and Power Point – including the ability to create and manipulating pivot tables; as well as, put together compelling, easy to understand, visually appealing presentations
- Familiarity with the basic tools/concepts of Category Management: Nielsen/IRI. Proficient in interpreting syndicated data
- Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively
- Excellent communication skills; with ability to articulate effectively both verbally and in written form, and influence at all levels, gain commitment and initiate action. Must be effective through others, manages time, and prioritizes tasks. Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
- Proven skills of program and budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision making
- Demonstrated ability in customer management
- Must manage time and prioritize tasks, work in a team environment but be highly motivated with the ability to work independently and results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Must be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train frequently
- Lift up to 45lbs
- Primarily office environment but may be exposed to a warehouse/distribution environment
For consideration, please include your resume and salary expectations when replying to posting. Find out more about Precept Wine here: http://www.preceptwine.com.
Precept Wine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JOB TITLE: PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER – SEATTLE
Precept Wine is searching for a dynamic Public Relations & Communications Manager to work with our passionate team and extraordinary portfolio of brands. He or she will direct the company’s communications strategy and will develop trade and consumer communications initiatives at all levels of the company. The right candidate will have the ability to use their public relations skills and their journalistic knowledge to further grow and develop the reputation of Precept Wine and its wineries. The ideal person will possess extensive contacts and relationships in the wine public relations world, both in trade and lifestyle publications at local and national levels
The Public Relations & Communications Manager is responsible for the execution and implementation of marketing efforts, communications programs, and public relations functions. He or she will serve as a key representative while collaborating with brand management, retail and hospitality, alliances, and internal stakeholders to ultimately increase sales and brand awareness.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writes press releases and works with media to develop story ideas and exposure for our brands/Precept Wine. Responds to media inquiries and pitches stories as appropriate.
- Oversees media sample shipment process, from bottling to winemaker communication on readiness, to timing with brand managers respective to current inventory, to ordering in samples via wine room coordinator, working with brand managers to compile fact sheets and planning relevant media recipients.
- Serves as a key liaison for state wine and grower commissions, travel organizations and trade interests affecting the wine industry.
- Develops and maintains positive media relationships, locally and nationally.
- Cultivates and refreshes internal media contact databases.
- Provide support on copywriting for all company-based outlets: newsletters, website, labels, flyers, POS materials, etc.
- Oversee, with collaboration of brand managers, select winery and company social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Oversee event lineup and hospitality (trade, consumer, executive) with daily activation by Public Relations and Events Specialist.
- Writes new hire announcements for hiring manager to disseminate
- Audits posted publication scores and records them into an internal tracker
- Facilitates and hosts media visits, sets up media interviews, etc.
- Works with brand managers to activate production of acclaim-specific marketing materials, including acclaim sell sheets, shelf talkers, and educational materials.
- Identifies and implements communication methods to build brand exposure, enhance positioning, and gain awareness in the marketplace.
- Assists with communications and collateral needs (e.g. letters, collateral assets and emails) geared toward key distributors, trade partners, key accounts, etc.
- Develops and/or supplements communications materials to supplement sales programs, promotions, sales presentations, etc.
- Leverages sponsorships and promotions to maximize each opportunity.
- Responsible for weekly acclaim report and will work to reactivate internal newsletter, The Juice.
- Refreshes and audits information about the company and its brands on third-party pages, such as Google, Yelp, and wine alliance sites.
- Attends key flagship events and assists at events where needed.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
- 5-10+ years Marketing and Communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, CisionPoint, TradePulse, WordPress websites, DropBox and social channels.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to take multiple projects from concept to execution, accompanied by the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Networking; contact development (press, industry influencers).
- Outstanding communication skills, including formal presentations and one-on-one communication.
- Creative and strategic thinker who brings fresh ideas, new perspectives, and a wealth of enthusiasm.
- Proven ability and experience with copywriting and authoring.
- Management skills, including the ability and desire to lead, support and develop direct reports.
- Passion for wine and the wine/food experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
- Acceptable/insurable driving record.
- Available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings as required by events and business travel.
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays and air travel.
- Ability to drive self and others to various locations.
NEXT STEPS: For consideration, please forward your resume along with a letter of introduction to email@example.com with the subject line “COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER.”
JOB TITLE: FULFILLMENT CENTER COORDINATOR – WALLA WALLA
We are looking for the best and brightest to fill an immediate opening for a Fulfillment Center Coordinator at our Waterbrook Warehouse in Walla Walla, Washington. The applicant must be flexible, professional, highly motivated, and must be able to manage multiple responsibilities and complete tasks with minimal supervision. This position is a very critical role in our organization. They will be sending out samples to key retailers, distributors, regional sales people, wine writers, etc. All of this has a direct impact on our business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining inventory of fulfillment center-maintain adequate stock of all Precept skus
- Requesting orders from Americold on a weekly basis in order to re-stock the fulfillment center
- Responsible for processing all Sample Request Forms. Processing will include picking inventory, packing, and mailing all samples as requested on the Sample Request Forms
- All inventory samples will be recorded in NAV and charged to the correct expense account
- Responsible for procuring all shipping (UPS, Fed Ex and DHL) supplies
- Ensure that products are properly packed, stored and transported to avoid any accidents and damages
- Provide support with accounting inventory counts
- Preform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Provide outstanding service to and ensure customer satisfaction
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have at least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and the ability to multi-task
- Handle and transport product safely
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
NEXT STEPS: For consideration, please forward your resume along with a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “FULLFILLMENT CENTER COORDINATOR.”
JOB TITLE: PRECEPT WINE INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS 2017-2018 – MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
Internships at Precept Wine offer a well-rounded experience of working for a dynamic, vertically integrated wine producer, while gaining a solid understanding of the three-tier distribution system. Opportunities of focus include assignments among Brand Management, Communications and PR, Graphic Design, and Field Sales. We strive to align internships with specific areas of study while scheduled to fit student demands.
- Brand Management / Marketing – Work hand in hand with brand managers to develop essential marketing collateral and sales tools. Gain a solid understanding of the strategic planning process and tactical execution behind our nationally distributed wine brands.
- Communications / PR / Events – Assist in variety of PR related function, including press outreach efforts, event planning and social media execution.
- Graphic Design – Work closely with Precept Wine’s award-winning in-house design team to develop key brand tools, from packaging to marketing collateral.
- Sales – Develop an essential understanding of the sales role within the organization, including distributor presentations, cultivating retailer relationships and exceptional field execution.
COMMITMENT & PERKS
- 150-hour commitment in Precept Wine’s Seattle office (10-15 weeks, 10-15 hours per week)
- Hours may also be accrued through evening/weekend events or hospitality trips
- School credit where allowed OR stipend after successful completion of internship
- Ongoing wine education and tasting opportunities (for students age 21 and over)
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Open to all majors
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills required
- Demonstrated abilities in confidentiality, initiative, judgment and discretion
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to lift and carry a full case of wine (approx. 50 pounds)
- 21+ years of age preferred
NEXT STEPS: Please submit your resume and cover letter stating specific area of interest, time frame and/or quarter of availability to email@example.com.
Precept Wine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we look forward to hearing from you!